In the user-centered approach, different techniques may be used at different points of the design cycle.
Usability Testing is a formal and rigorous process that involves:
- Having users complete a series of typical or representative tasks on a product.
- Letting the users complete said tasks with as little interruption or intervention as possible.
- Collecting information during a usability test by:
- Observing the users' actions.
- Capturing comments as they "think aloud“.
- Analyzing information from responses to post-task and post-test questionnaires.
Testing is performed in controlled environments such as a usability lab.
- Participants are selected and recruited to test the product by a precisely defined user profile.
- Provides objective, accurate, and reasonable data for improving a product's design.
- Performed in:
- Early development: Exploratory test
- Mid development: Assessment test
- Late development: Validation test
Our Researches and NewsLetters
A new study on home networking devices will be presented by Dr. Abbas Moallem, UX director and principal consultant at UX Expert, LLC on Wednesday, July 14th 2013at the HCI International 2013A.HCI
A new study presented at the HCII2011.Did you forget your Password? About Authentication, Security, Password Re-set Features and Users Behaviors in using Web Application,.